Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lesson 1 Audio

I’ve been listening to the lesson one audio files on the way to work. I downloaded the files from Ben’s Cantonese Practice Journal and transferred them onto my smart phone. (多謝!) The goal is to practice passive learning, a notion I picked up a few years ago, when I took a psychoacoustics class with Bev Wright. Listening to Taishanese audio on the way to work is how I incorporate language learning, albeit passive learning, into my daily routine. It was easy to see how much my tone perception increased on the drive back home compared to the drive to work (when I was really struggling to differentiate the tones). If I can find the time, I may take out some of the white noise and maybe even recombine the words into an online perception test… again, if I can find the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment