This lesson is all about positive experience. You can think of the list below as pairs of verbs and nouns that describe certain very common experiences like drinking tea, watching a movie or going for a walk.
- 唔好 · m̈-hō · don’t, had better not, not good
- 請 · tīang (tīng) · please, to invite, to request
- 飲 · ngīm · to drink
- 茶 · chä · tea
- 齣（出） · chūt · (classifier), out, to exit, to put out
- 戲 · hi · show, movie, to make fun of
- 睇 · hāi · to see, visit
- 音樂 · yim-ngòk · music
- 聽 · hiang · to listen, obey
- 條 · hïau · (classifier)
- 路 · lù · road, way, path
- 行路 · häng lù · to walk
- 住 · jì · to reside, to live
- 樽 · dụn · bottle
- 香水 · hiang-sūi · perfume
- 聞 · mün · to smell, to hear
- 衫 · sạm · coat, dress
- 着衫 · jiak sạm · to dress, to wear
- 坐 · tu · to sit
- 廣東 · Gwōng-Ung Guangdong/Canton Province
Here’s a new phrase in the dialogue that missed the vocabulary list.
- 唔敢當 · m̈-gām ong · I dare not (accept the praise/honor)
A few of the words also have different pronunciations in the Kaiping dictionary.
- 請 · tēn · please, to invite, to request
- 飲 · ngēm · to drink
- 戲 · hei · show, movie, to make fun of
- 聽 · hiang (hen) · to listen, obey
- 條 · hïu · (classifier)
- 廣東 · Gōng-Ung Guangdong/Canton Province
Do you have any questions, thoughts or suggestions? Let me know in the comments section!