Friday, March 18, 2011

Basic Course: Lesson 10 Vocabulary

Finally: adjectives! Are you an excited student? Even if you’re not, this lesson should teach you how to say so. Here’s the lesson ten vocabulary.

  1. 對唔住 · ui-m̈-jì · sorry, I’m sorry, pardon me
  2. 唔緊要 · m-gīn-yiau · it doesn’t matter, not at all, that’s allright
  3. 夫人 · fu-ngïn* · Mrs., madam, wife
  4. 黄 · Wöng · (surname)
  5. 李 · Lī · (surname)
  6. 女人 · nūi-ngïn* · woman, female, wife
  7. 男人 · näm-ngïn* · man, male, husband
  8. 亦 · yìak · also, too, moreover, in addition to
  9. 靚 · liang · beautiful, handsome
  10. 本事 · bōn-lhù · capable
  11. 聰明 · tung-mïng · intelligent, clever
  12. 平 · pïang · inexpensive, economical
  13. 貴 · gwi · expensive
  14. 架 · gạ · (classifier), frame, final particle
  15. 車 · che · car, automobile, vehicle
  16. 個 · gwoi · (classifier)

Though I am staying with my Kaiping-accented family in San Francisco this weekend, I’m going to hold off on posting the Kaiping pronunciations. I’m waiting till I get back to LA to reference the Kaiping dictionary, just to be safe. Ui m̈ jì!

No comments:

Post a Comment